The biggest change, in terms of writing, was to stop my weekly word count goal. Instead, I am focusing on one of my novels at a time. As I noted in the goal post for Round 1, one of my goals was to prioritize my WIPs since I have so many half-finished or near done. I kept jumping from WIP to WIP and not really finishing any. This had to stop. So, this week, I dove into edits of Finding Home. Before Wednesday, I had been doing these a scene at a time and it was slow going since I wasn't consistent with the time I was putting in. But now that this is my focus, I made a large dent in the edits.
And since I am mentioning edits, I have to give a shout out to my friend Elli, who has made the whole editing process hilarious. So while many see edits as a tedious process, she has made it a blast with her comments. Not to mention she is most excellent at it. Also on the plus side, she hasn't made me cry. Yet. :D
- Send out three resumes/applications this week-I sent out 1. But I took a bunch of time to update my resume and get transcripts together. So...progress!
- Continue edits and revisions of Finding Home and Wanted: Progress is being made as noted above.
- Read/comment on a min. of 5 blogs: I only hit a couple this week, so I will make up for it this week.
- Reply to comments on this blog: Done.
- Blog a min. of one book review: Done! I reviewed Come Away With Me by Kristen Proby. It is a contemporary romance and I hope to read the second in the series later this week should time allow. My complete review can be found HERE.
- Workout 3 times for the week: To quote Meatloaf, "2 out of 3 ain't bad!"
- Check in on Sunday for ROW80: Done
So, next week my goals are:
- Finish edits on Finding Home
- Set asideseveral hours of a day to work on collaborative project
- Read/comment on a min. of 5 blogs
- Reply to comments on this blog
- Blog min. of one book review
- Check in on Sunday for ROW80
- Send out three resumes/applications this week
- Workout 3 times for the week
That's it for me. It's been a busy, yet productive week and I hope this week continues that trend. How are you doing? Are you hitting your goals? Have a great week and good luck!