*raises hand while jumping up and down*
I'm not bitching about this to complain or make it seem like I'm fishing for sympathy, this is just where my head is at. Most of what I listed is out of my control, so I'll just deal with it. But it doesn't make it suck any less. (And I foresee me escaping into a good book or twelve during the week. Just sayin'! :D )
Anyways, enough about that. Here's my ROW80 update for the week:
- Write 5K words for the week: Because I've finished with my NaNo prep (it's almost here! GAH!) I managed to get some actual scene writing in on a new-ish idea I've had in my mind. My word count for this week (of words that didn't totally suck anyways) was 3914. (I also got a bit of outlining done on a collaborative WIP a friend and I are writing. Yay!)
- Continue edits on Finding Home as they come in: I have not touched these. *headdesks* Can someone please give me a few more hours in each day? Just say, three or four? I promise I will use them wisely.
- Post at least one ROW80 Update (either Wed. or Sun.): Done.
- Post one non-ROW80 post: Last week I didn't hit this goal. This week I posted two!
- On Thursday it was Books, Books Everywhere and if you are a book addict like I am (i.e. love to read books, can't stop buying them, always have a book in your purse or bag, etc.) you might appreciate this.
- On Friday I kind of lost my mind and went off on a tangent. I've been on a TV news media hiatus and I slipped on Friday. If you don't like reading rants about news and/or politics (though it's not really political. I am an equally opportunist when it comes to my disgust with the government! :D ). You can read it HERE if you're so inclined. [And on a quasi-related note, it's been so hard to give up the TV news since I am a news junkie. But I'm working on breaking this habit and after my slip on Friday, I quickly remembered all the reasons to give it up. Progress!]
- Complete major, serious, HUGE, scary work project by end of the week: In progress. I had wanted to get this done by Monday. I am thinking that, given most of last week was a bust in terms of work productivity I will extend this due date to Oct. 31. I would like to get this done before NaNo begins.
My goals for next week are as follows:
- Write 5K quality words for the week
- Continue edits on Finding Home
- Post at least one ROW80 update (Wed, Sun. or both)
- Post at least one non-ROW80 blog post
- Complete major work project this week (Oct. 31)
I hope everyone in the east is prepared for the "Frankenstorm" that is on its way. Stay safe! And let's hope the storm hype is worse than its bite! *keeps fingers crossed!*