Anyways, this is what I woke up to this morning.
Sorry for the blurry-ness of the picture, I took it with my phone. That little fur ball is my 10 pound, 11 year old, Siamese mix, Dutchess. (I believe she may be descended from the evil Siamese cats in "Lady and the Tramp" because, well, she has a bit of evilness in her. I swear sometimes when she looks at me, I get the feeling that she is plotting my demise. But that is a post for another day.) She was nestled under the covers, and somehow I had been nudged to the edge of the bed--talk about a total bed hog. I have to admit that, if I were to guess, I think she is trying to tell me its too fricking cold in the morning! And it was freezing this morning. Freezing as in the air felt like ice when I got out of bed and my fingers and nose felt frozen. Upstate New York can get pretty darn chilly in October (case in point--we are supposed to get a little bit of snow today) but I always try to wait until November to turn the heat on. I think though, after this morning, I have to break down and turn it on.
Enough about that four legged fiend, and my grumbling about turning the heat on earlier than planned. Here is my update for the week so far:
- Moving 5 days a week—3 down so far. By Sunday I should have hit my goal since I carved out time tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday for that purpose
- Writing 1 hour a day on my WIP(s); Outline for NaNo by Oct. 31—um,yeah this sadly is not getting done. I've hit the daily goal twice so far, and am planning on putting in the rest of the afternoon today on the outline. I was going to do some homework today, but after working on my project for three days in a row for Bibliography class (which thankfully is done and submitted--woot!) My brain needs a break to just write and plan, and plan and write. That relaxes me, and I need it.
- Comment/respond to three blogs—Doing that now! Time to check in on all my fellow ROW80-ers and NaNoWriMo victims…I mean, err, participants!! I am getting pretty nervous as we get closer to the start date. Also, anyone who is doing NaNoWriMo, check out Fun Not Fear! for an awesome site done by fellow writers and ROW80-ers Em and Lena. It has a TON of helpful information and links for NaNo and writing in general!
- Blog once a week, minimum, whether ROW80 update and/or otherwise—I am meeting this goal! Yay! I would like to try to write more non-update posts, but, it all goes back to time. And I don’t have much of it lately. Sometimes I combine my update with whatever I am posting, because I have set aside the time for that and well, that is me being efficient! However, as I write this, I am also editing something I will be posting later today or tomorrow morning which I'm pretty excited about. It will be an interesting topic I think, and I've already had a spirited facebook conversation about it, so would love to see what you all think about it too!
- Read one book a month. I have to read one this weekend for a class and am close to finishing the first book in the Darkfever series by Karen Marie Moning. I love to read and ever since getting back from Hawaii, I always am sure to make time for it. It keeps me sane and really is a nice way to end the day--just relaxing with a book and some hot apple cider. I think this goal will be the least of my troubles this round!!
That is it for me so far. Good luck the rest of the week and see everyone on Sunday!